Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Interesting body image statistics....

I am borrowing these stats from a fellow Facebook friend (thanks Lori!). They REALLY surprised me...read for yourself:

What would u trade for the perfect body? 16% of women said they'd trade a year of their life, 13% say they'd give up $8,000, and 6% would give up their degree. Here’s the kicker - 78% of the women in the survey were normal weight or underweight! We are WAY too hard on ourselves. What would you give up ...for the perfect body?

A year of your life for the perfect body? I remember when I was heavier thinking that I would do ANYTHING to be thin and fit. I certainly don't have the perfect body now, but I am definitely not willing to trade a year of my life for one!

I agree that we are our own worst critics. I will always think of myself as the "fat girl" to some degree...it's a hard self image to dump after so many years.
If only we could see ourselves the way others could see us......

No comments:

Post a Comment