Sunday, July 28, 2013

Humbled.

I've been lax about blogging lately, and it's time to become more disciplined about it. Funny how life has a way of interrupting our normal routine. Lately it feels as though I am jettisoning into a dozen different directions at the same time. Time to simplify and refocus.

 Webster's Dictionary has this as the definition of humble:
"not proud or haughty : not arrogant or assertive." That pretty much sums things up lately. Life has thrown a few curve balls my way that have caught my attention. Humbled. Me.Yep.

I had the most remarkable morning today, which has humbled me even further. I spent the early hours of the day with awesome co-workers & incredible friends, each of whom played a key part in orchestrating a beautifully choreographed Kids Triathlon that went off without a hitch.

The kids were absolutely amazing. Simply awesome to watch. Breathtaking at times. To witness the determination on a child's face, leaping into a pool without abandon, hopping on and then off a bicycle with grace, and then furiously willing their little legs to go faster and faster -- well, it was without a doubt one of the coolest things I have ever witnessed.

These kids have the heart of lions. Each and every one of them.

I'm grateful. And inspired. Grateful that I was able to be a part of such an awesome event and witness it first hand. I'm inspired too - despite the fact I am unable to run either fast or long (or anywhere in-between at the present moment!), I realize the importance of simply moving forward. One step at a time, doesn't matter how slow. I will continue to do the best I can do, which will be different from day to day. Perseverance will be my new mantra in life. Hopefully, with a little time and patience, I'll find my groove again.

In the meantime, it's really cool to witness others, especially the wee folk, reach their goals. I'll never forget the lessons I learned today.

2 comments:

  1. It was a fantastic morning and the kids were blessed to have you cheering them along, and your friends and co-workers equally blessed to work by your side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids did Kids Tri when it was still in Xenia. Now they are big. Watching them do it, made me want to, and actually train for tris. These three sports have made me a very strong big kid! And I too, love volunteering at this event -- with friends. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete