Sunday, August 4, 2013

Breaking Old Molds

Isn't it ironic how we adults carry so much baggage from our childhood into our adult lives? We truly are bound by so many chains from our past, chains that serve no purpose other than to hold us down.
I find myself struggling at times to "break free" from the tiny confining molds I squished myself into when I was younger.

To quote Bob Dylan, "The times they are A-Changin", at least in this blogger's life.

Growing older is such an oxymoron. Awful in the fact that gravity plays so many cruel tricks on our physical bodies....in such a way that is comical. Standing in front of a mirror in your birthday suit can reduce a person to tears or hysterical laughter on any given day. Keep rolling with the punches is my motto!
With age comes wisdom, which in itself is a wonderful gift......we have the maturity and the patience to challenge ourselves to break free from the molds of our past that no longer serve our needs.

We have the ability to expand our thoughts & our consciousness as long as the heart and soul are receptive - what a wonderful adventure if you are willing to take the leap!

In my pursuit for personal growth and desire to break free from old molds from my past, I have stumbled upon a book that challenges my archaic way of thinking (thanks Sarah for the encouragement!!). It's a wildly exciting concept to change my actual perception of life and encounters that occur on a daily basis and view things in a different light.

There are endless opportunities in this great big world to grow emotionally & spiritually if you are ready to take the chance. Have the faith to dive into the pool of your subconscious mind without abandon and see what happens. We'll either sink or swim, but regardless of the outcome, we will come away from the experience richer because of it.

"What we think, we create."

 (**Excerpt from E-Squared, by Pamela Grout)



















No comments:

Post a Comment