Thursday, December 29, 2011

Changes in the tide...

I just got home a few minutes ago from a very exciting event...details to follow soon. Anyway, as I walked in the door, I wanted to do something special to celebrate. I walked into my office and selected a stick of my very favorite incense and lit it, and savored the aroma. Ah.

As I sit here, with my stomach complaining big time from hunger, it dawns on me how much my lifestyle has changed. The old me, the 244+ pound Jill, would have immediately scoured the kitchen for something to eat to celebrate my good news, most likely leading to a feeding frenzy binge, most likely with no conscious thought of what I was even eating. Now, I have replaced that desire by rewarding myself in other ways. That is the KEY to long term success for me.

So, on this journey called LIFE, I shall continue to find non-food ways to reward myself and celebrate my victories with. As we venture into a brand new year, I challenge YOU to do the same.

Eat to live, don't live to eat. Trust me, I know how true this sentiment is.

Happy New Year!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment